Translate

Saturday, August 29, 2015

CHANGE

 CHANGE

Hello everyone and today I would like to talk to you regarding the biggest fear that people face today and have for ever. What is the one thing that all l businesses fear? What is the one thing that people fear in their lives? The answer may or may not surprise you and in all reality it would not really matter. The biggest fear in both sides is CHANGE! I know that most people will tell you that in fact they are not afraid of change however the truth is they are and it does not matter who you are. In business and it does not matter who you are or how big you are in the business world.

So what is it about change that really scares everyone? What is it about the thought of any change that starts the fear factor taking over the mind. You see folks it is not that change that starts up the fear factor it is your mind that the individual allows to accept fear of change that causes the fear factor to creep in.

If one person can take over their emotions and be able to control them then change can be adapted pretty easy. If we but look at the future for just one bit of can be instead of what changes are going to affect me then change will not be so difficult. I have found that any small deviation from a normal routine in a person attracts fear. I will give you an example that I believe most have experienced: Say going to work and you stop every day to buy a cup of coffee at your local cafe and all is well when suddenly you arrive and their is an unusual long line what happens to the mind at that instant?

1) If I stop I could be late
2) If I do not get my coffee I will be a mess the rest of the day
3) I wonder why it is so busy this morning -It is never this busy!! Why today!
4) Dam it do I wait or do I just go to work!!

This is what is I call in the moment thinking which is normal,however the other issue here is that you have allowed your emotions to control your thinking and therefore you are not thinking rationally.Instead think positively.

1) If  I stop I could be late but I am curious to see what is going on so I will stop to find out why the crowed.
2) Once I see what is happening I can decide whether to stay or leave and not be late.
3) I can also ask why they are so busy today perhaps they are introducing a new drink for free and I can have one.
4) Once you use the above thinking you can decide whether to stay or leave and not feel afraid or stressed but allow yourself to make a choice safely.

The one thing that most of us do not seem to understand regarding fear is that when we find ourselves in a situation whatever that may be it does not matter we have to face the fear and allow our minds to accept the change and allow our minds to see with a different point of view of what that change would look like if we allow it to happen.The issue is that we do not allow our minds to see things from a different perspective because we feel comfortable the way we see the world and sometimes my friends that is not the right way!

I have to tell you that trying to explain change can be one the most difficult things to do. It is difficult enough trying to explain changes to adults but what about children. We think that any type of change kids will adapt and not worry regarding consequences. I have heard that so many times from parents who have to make changes. Once the change has taken place comes the problems with children or young adults. Why because they were never explained why the changes were needed and whether it would have been beneficial for them the changes were forced down their throats.

How often do you see this in business environments? I see it all the time. The worst part of it is that when it is decided then it is never explained but pushed down peoples throats and when it is not understood then change never happens instead chaos sits in slowly.

Here is a great exercise to use to face your fears try it. This an exercise used by a good friend in the business of motivation and coaching executives: 

Take out a piece of paper and a pen and turn the paper on its side so you’re writing across the long side.  Make five columns on your paper.  In the first column, make a list of the things that scare you the most.  Then in the second column, for each of those fears, write down what is the absolute worst thing that could happen if your fears came true.  In the third column, write down how likely the worst thing is to happen. 

 Then in the fourth column, write down how that fear is holding you back.  In the last column, for at least one of the fears you’ve listed, write down how you are going to face that fear. Make it tangible- give yourself an action to take and a date by which you will take that action. And follow through!

No comments:

Post a Comment