Translate

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thanksgiving and Reality-SSDE Luciano Santini

Hello my friends and here we are on  another beautiful Saturday morning. You know I was thinking what can you be thankful on this Thanksgiving week. Well for me there are many things such as thanking every single one of you who cares to read my blogging that I am sure at times does not make sense ha ha ha. I am sure. All joking set aside really think about what you are thankful for in your life. It could be your kids or your job or your husband/wife/girlfriend/lover whoever it may be.

"Smile when you are in front of a challenge and tell yourself I can do this"-Luciano Santini

In life there will always be challenges and obstacles before us however the question becomes; How do we deal with them? Leaders have ways of doing this. But first lets ask a question.Can we change? I like this quote:

"The curious paradox is that when
         I accept myself just as I am, then
         I can change. The good life is a
         process, not a state of being."
                    Carl Rogers

I think that sometimes we are so afraid to make the changes that in in fact know we need to make so we can reach our goals and dreams but we are so afraid of change !! Why is that?
We can struggle with it every day but at the end guess what the truth will be staring at you again so why not just face it and deal with it now!


"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

I love this saying which is well so true:
Baltasar Gracian, the insightful and pragmatic 17th century Jesuit priest, cautioned, "Truth is abhorred by the masses." Instead, they try to make true that which they love -- a self-delusive practice that virtually guarantees frustration and failure. 

When an individual is able to recognize the truth about life that individual will be able to be part of an elite group of people that does not chase lucid dreams but understands reality. I believe that when we do not face the truth we live in fantasies that perhaps we conjure up in our minds which in turn will create a false reality thus we will live in a fantasy world causing issues in dealing with real problems in our daily life.

 What about the consequences that come by lying to ourselves because we choose to live in fantasy land. My friends please understand though a consequence does not arrive immediately you will not be prepared when it does arrive so be conscientious of what you do whether bad or good there will always be a consequence.

 Remember for every action there will be a reaction sometime. The issue is that when we do something and believe it to be right when in fact it is the wrong thing to do the consequence will eventually arrive and sometimes it may take a while but when it does finally arrive you will not be prepared because it has been a while and then you get confused and start to ask yourself many questions such as:

Why me?
I do not deserve this? blah blah!!!!

I love reality and I try to live in a real world but yes I do slip into fantasies and I have to tell you that I have paid my dues for doing so and they have been costly whether in relationships or business or friendships been there.


Most people create the world they live in from a perspective of what the world is in their minds eye and not the way the real world is and here is where the problem is my friends. Live in a world that is real and not a fantasy because this will help you live a more balanced life.


We create these stories in our heads and we start to believe them to be true and yet they are nothing more than a fantasy but in our minds they are real and then we start to believe them to be true and this is where we rarely catch ourselves until it is to late and we are facing the consequences.


No comments:

Post a Comment