Translate

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Change Is Difficult When There Is No Purpose-Luciano Santini-SSDE


Hello and good day to everyone around the world who follow me and read my blog posts. It has been a great week. I have spent so much time with family and it is these times that you realize what you have really been up to in life.

I have had this vision of completing this journey for a long long time and it has finally arrived. The vision for whatever you may see in the future whether in a small business or a large organization or in life will arrive as long as you never ever give up.  

I have seen many visions statements framed on real pretty painted walls pushed on to people in fancy workshops on power points and yet something is missing. Well what most miss to provide is real guidance or worse has nothing to do with the real world and how life really works outside of the office of the so called leaders who sat for months thinking up how to write this mission statement and well it simply pisses people off.

I finally completed something special which I will announce in a month or so depending when I receive it. It was a journey in itself and it finally happened and well it has been one of those journeys that at one point I wanted to just give up on it but something inside me kept pushing me forward and to never ever quit until this journey had been completed.



It will be a surprise to many and not so much to others either way I did for me for my own satisfaction that it could be done and that I would be the first in my family to do so.

Many people will say now or in the future what a lucky guy. I have to tell you though that if working harder than a dog day and night and raising a family of four and working two jobs and nearly causing you to loose your entire family because you were never around and either on the road or on the computer studying and writing and calling and constantly in another world until my journey was completed then I guess it was luck but you can be the judge of that my friends.



I have many friends that taught me one thing including never giving up until your journey whatever that may be a small or large goal had been reached. 

 
 All enduring success is founded upon harmonious human relationships.
Most of us are incapable of “going it alone.” Whether it is in our careers, in our personal relationships, or in life, we all need others if we are to achieve the level of success we desire. Besides, what’s the point of having it all if we have no one we care about to share it? You may choose to work with others, you may ignore them, or you may choose to work against them, but the greatest successes in life come to those who work harmoniously with others. 

When your personal goals coincide with those of another, not only does the power of your combined labors benefit you, but such cooperation also creates a synergistic effect that allows you to achieve far more than the simple sum of your individual efforts. Know that friendship freely given and gratefully received is one of life’s greatest gifts. 

Last week during my special moment an old mentor of mine and I were speaking regarding change in life and in business and his response was:  
  
People are not afraid of change in business or in life they become afraid of change because they see no purpose or feel mistreated by their leaders if they are leaders.

I read that passage from Napoleon Hill above every day and it reminds me of the message that simply one alone cannot accomplish something great you just cannot in both life and business and I believe that is where so many business owners fail specially the smaller businesses but yes of course the larger ones as well due to not understanding human behaviors and relation building; they just do not get it.

A leader must understand people
 I believe that leaders in any organization sometimes get confused because of the positions they may hold and believe that simply by letting people know of any change can make it happen and well it is that easy nor is it correct for top management to believe that but they do every day. In many organizations specially in non profits organizations managers are taught to be responsive to their boss whoever that may be and guess what happens a real popular sport shows up in the offices called boss watching. 

One of the keys to develop people and to create a great office atmosphere is to catch people doing the right things and accentuate the positive at that moment and not let it come to pass!!!

 

What does this mean? Well it means that people get promoted to positions that they should never hold but it happens all the time. This does not do much for any organization because it does not accomplish their visions because the vision is one thing and the leaders do a totally different thing. At this point all promoted people do is try to protect themselves rather then move the organization in the right direction and never really help their people reach their goals.

You hold the key to life if you so choose
 I would like to elaborate a little on having a position in an organization  where the leaders operate because of their title and well it is the most recognized point as well. If you are this kind of person you believe that because your placard outside your office or the title on your business card indicates that you have the power to manage people or command resources. Ken Blanchard's dad says that the best leaders are those who have position power and never have to use it. 



Please Share with all your friends



1 comment:

  1. you have an interesting blog. thanks for sharing, i enjoyed reading your posts

    ReplyDelete