Translate

Saturday, September 21, 2013

If you have no idea what you want to achieve what do you think you will achieve--Luciano Santini

Good morning my friends and clients. This has been a great week. I have done some great speaking events that has given me the opportunity to create some great relationships.


 “The greatest thing about being in the speaking business is that it’s not over until you die”

This was a motivation speech on how to motivate your employees for the Economic Advisory Council in Santa Maria California. It was great turn out and the questions were awesome straight from business owners both small and large. To have such an array of people from different businesses and asking some questions that I had not ever thought of was an awesome experience and yes I am very grateful for giving me the opportunity to learn from them all.


If you don’t know what you want from life, what do you think you will get?
The great majority of people in the world drift through life, never realizing that their future will be the one they create for themselves. The minority who achieve great success are people who know what they want and have a plan for realizing their objectives. They know what they want and how they are going to get it. 

Your goals should be specific, they should be measurable, they should have a deadline for their achievement, and they should be divided into manageable pieces. Know exactly what you plan to achieve, when you plan to achieve it, and how. Review your progress regularly, correct your course when necessary, and never, ever give up. 

I spoke a bit about how to turn your dreams in to reality and how to bring them into your individual world so that you can begin to create them in front of your eyes. People still have to learn how to do just that. We as individuals believe we know it all. I find that when I challenge someone either in my personal life whether one of my children a friend or a perfect stranger I find that we believe we have it all figured out and guess what the world will figure us out before we figure the world out!!.


The great thing about understanding human behavior is that we are not all the same. We have different values some better than other and we do not come from the same cultures and we have different ideas of the world and what it should be.  As human beings we are strange and weird. people always tell me that I am somewhat weird and I sat WHAT!!! me no way and then I listen to my speeches and think to myself where in the world did that come from! I guess I am weird ha ha ha.

Let us talk about business. In business yes it is very important to keep your employees happy and create a culture they not only want to work in but want help create themselves and continue to create. Many owners believe that everyone they hire is a great hire WHEW!! I wish that was the case but the truth we make mistakes don't we and the answer is of course we make them all the time.


"The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities." - Stephen Covey 

Normally I do not like to say these things but today I believe we all need to hear it. The fact is, no one can do more than one thing at a time. Multi-tasking is a bunch of B.S. You can either choose to accept this or you can forever put yourself at the mercy of that "feeling" that tells you you should be getting MORE done at any one moment than you are. 

We have to understand this because if we do not we will end up in a mess. Learn to do one thing at a time but do it right so that you do not have to go back and re-do it again. If you have to go back again guess what you have been wasting your time HELLO.

Have you ever noticed how a person reacts to something that happens and comes out of nowhere? How do they react to the action or situation. Believe me I know what that feels like but I stay calm and collected and think before I react. I have seen many people loose it in different types of situations and I have to say that most of them have been pretty ugly, I guess the point that I am trying to make here is that when something pops up and puts you in an awkward position stay calm and collected and think before you react.

Your Solutions Provider and remember I am here to serve you.

No comments:

Post a Comment