Translate

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Life Reality Theory Experience Which Will Help You And Your Business To Better Performance--Luciano The Key Santini


Hello and good morning to everyone. I was thinking what will I write about today and well this is what I came up.

Performance appraisals are they fair? Some people might think that this my way of thinking and it is not I do research and talk to many people in high positions in companies and this is how I come up with solutions not theories to help them gain an upper hand in their community or in their lives and if they do think that this is my way of thinking I will laugh and as I always say-I can only control me myself and I and what other people think  or say is all on them and their insecurities.

Well to begin let us take a look at what they should be? Well the truth my friend they should not even exist!. I understand there will always be a need for top managers to have something in place but it could a real conversations with people and the top being CEO'S and so on must be able to have those real conversations with people and be real and authentic. 

I find on my research that most people during interviews regarding their performance reviews are already aware of what they need to do and say and yet be afraid to say the truth about matters in the organizations that might really be troublesome.

Most of the time performance mean nothing to a smart and educated and most important experienced manager or CEO simply because they already know what the outcome is going to be coming from management above them.

Here are just a few of thing that go wrong when upper management sit down with someone who they know has much experience. They already know they are not going to get the outstanding and the great check marks and they accept it for what it is. They the managers who just received this sh!@#$%%^^s will walk out of the meeting laughing to themselves in a WOW! but I am OK and will continue doing my job to the best of my ability.

 Why such a great attitude? When I have done surveys and spoken to so many managers during my research they all seem to say the same thing. I have two choices they are either I continue my job until promotion happen where I can really make the changes where I can or I can leave as soon as something better comes my way.

I also know that there is a central tendency which means upper management will almost always rate employees close to the midpoint of the scale which is always irrespective to their true performance. I want you to think what this does to an experienced person

This will if an inexperienced employee could hurt feelings, bring their self esteem down create an insignificant feeling of fear which really does not exist. This will also cause low morale among that individual. This performance review will also fail nine out of ten time the intended purpose which is supposed to be to develop a person. They are also counter-productive to the organizations values simply because the people giving it does not understand the value of that person.

 In an article by (Tony Juncaj) He says these reviews will fail because the way they are structured will violate the common sense.Do you think a person will commit to something if you force them to do it and hold a gun to their heads or if you invite them to do it? This why we have those conversations in the washrooms because we do not dare say anything that will offend the boss.

A friend who does research specifically on this subject says the following:
Talking about performance once a year is a waste of time. It needs to be a constant, ongoing discussion for habits to change.
 Managers never saw the value in their own reviews. I’ve found that if you don’t have a good experience in a process you’re expected to perform for others, you most likely won’t do a good job yourself. This was certainly true in our situation. I reviewed our supervisors poorly, and they in turn did an even worse job with their direct reports.

 We never saw results. This is the big one. If we had seen a payoff from the time and effort we put into reviews, our management would have been more enthusiastic about the process and more willing to invest the time.
I’m sure there are some companies that have had good results with performance reviews, but I haven’t found any — at least none with fewer than 200 employees. I always thought there had to be a better way, and I think I’ve found it.

In the past two years I have been working a new process that I call persistent  coaching which I will discuss on my next post.

Dan Bobinski


 Show me one person who received useful feedback from his/her performance review and I’ll show you nine people who didn’t. In fact, you are probably one of those nine. According to a study by the Society for Human Resource Management, 90 percent of employees say that performance appraisals are not only painful, they just don’t work.
Here are just a few reasons why I think performance reviews are problematic, and more importantly, what you can do differently:
Problem 1: Most reviews are written using generic forms. These forms usually include sections titled “communication,” “punctuality,” “enthusiasm,” “knowledge,” “quality,” “team work,” “growth potential,” “leadership,” “policies and procedures,” etc., etc. Granted, the idea behind generic forms is to create fairness, but the simple truth is that jobs are too diverse for the generic approach to be effective.


 Bigger problem: Most reviews are written annually.  This requires a manager to reach back into 12 months of memory and try to remember all aspects of a person’s performance. Usually what happens is only the highlights are remembered (be they positive or negative). If the manager and employee are friends, scores are easily inflated. If not, the manager may emphasize the negative and that become the focus of the review. What’s missing? The small service projects, the extra time spent helping a co-worker, or the training classes that were attended on the employee’s own time.

 How can we fix these issues in your company simply give me a call or via linked in or email. Link up with me and we can talk yay!!! Problems will always be there and employees will always present challenges to either themselves or to the employer; The question is who do you go to for true advice not the B!@#$$%%^^&t you hear about or theoretical stuff I know I know we went to college to learn this but the reality is that what you received in school was all theory: THIS IS THE REAL WORLD BABY!!!

 
  The richest persons are those who give most in service to others.

Financial wealth is only one measure of success. The truly happy and successful individual is the man or woman who is healthy, financially secure, challenged in his or her career, and is making a difference in the lives of others. It isn’t always easy to render service to others. The world is a cynical and dangerous place where others are likely to mistrust your motives. They can be convinced only by consistent, sustained, outstanding service that is enthusiastically and cheerfully offered. In time, even the most cynical individual will come to accept your willingness to go the extra mile if you are sincere in your offers of assistance and in the service you provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment