Translate

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death that's all -William Goldman


Good morning to everyone and I hope that everyone who celebrates Halloween had a wonderful day and took in lots and lots of candy. We took our boys out and well yes they took in a truckload of candy and yes of course we walked around with them and yes it was lots of fun but the most important part was when we have to check candy and of course the technique we use is that the larger candy have to be inspected  because those are the usually the ones the parents like the best :) right yes of course we are right.

I think that in business specially the smaller business owners are a bit afraid to give candy and or promote their business due to all kinds of stuff that could go wrong and yes it is understandable, but sometimes I have also seen small businesses take advantage of such holidays to self promote the heck out of the business. This is a time when you know parents are coming with their kids and what better time to hand out menus or candy with business cards HELLOOOOO!!! this is just one way that I help small businesses promote their products or services.

 I know that sometimes in business specially when one is starting out and you have your heart poured all into it it becomes a daily struggle just to survive and most people just give up or become mediocre with business and in life and thus conform to what they fell is great and plateau there and stay.

"Preantepenultimate" I did not even know this word existed! Holy Sh@#$$!. It means to come in fourth before last! I find that many people give up because they loose sight of life and loose that special push they so badly need to move to the next step but never happens because they have given up. I also find businesses fall into the hole when they feel that all has to be perfect or else failure will creep in. Take a look at these two quotes;

 "Perfectionism has nothing to do with getting it right. It has nothing to do with high        standards. Perfectionism is a refusal to let yourself move ahead." -Jennifer White


   Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death that's all                        -William Goldman

Life is not fair and we all have heard this many many times over and over and over-Well people get over it!! Life is not fair so stop complaining because to be honest with you and in your face! You need to sit back and think about why you are there or in a place you wish you were not. I know from experience that when one does ill to another person no matter how small we might think it is it always comes back and let me tell you I am not perfect by far and so I changed the way I think of others and the way I think of myself.

 

Yes it took a long time for the stars to align with me but they did and well I worry less about what other say or think and at the end of each day I go into what I call purgatory and take each hour of the day to see if I did anyone wrong and if I did I will call them and apologize and my day becomes so much better. Try it sometime it works. This might sound weird in some ways I am sure of it but what i can tell you is that it does work.

If you are sure you are right, you need not worry what the world thinks. If you are ever to achieve noteworthy success in your life, you must be willing to stand apart from the crowd. Success is something that is achieved by the minority, not the majority, of people. You will also discover as you climb the ladder of success that there are many who, out of jealousy or envy, will belittle your achievements. Nevertheless, if you have the courage of your convictions, nothing can deter you from your course. You develop confidence in your beliefs by doing your own thinking and by constantly testing and revising your knowledge. 

Use W. Clement Stone’s R2A2 Principle to Recognize and Relate, Assimilate and Apply information from any field to help solve your problems and direct your thinking. 

What others think of you is important, as long as it coincides with what you think of yourself. If you are recognized by others as a positive person who always makes an important contribution, you will be in demand, for there are never enough such people in any organization. Your co-workers will value you, your customers will appreciate you, and your boss will recognize and reward you if you stick with it. You may not become an overnight success, but neither will you fail instantly and permanently. Make it a habit to go the extra mile with a Positive Mental Attitude.

A little bit on customer service
I Find that if you deal with clients and people in general you need to have some really great customer service because when they have questions you better have the answers they are looking for if you want them to keep returning so why not find the best person or business coach to help you get there and come up and train the best solutions for your business.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment