Translate

Saturday, September 27, 2014

An EGO!! What NO WAY!! OK --Tenacious and enthusiastic-YES-Luciano The Key Santini


Hello everyone around the world. I would really like to thank every single one of of you who read my blogs and email me with some great suggestions. I write for you the individual who is looking to make a change in their life or make a difference in someones life. 

I was told the other day that I had somewhat of an ego and of course it caught me by surprise and I just laughed inside while the conversation went on and ended. So who Am I?


Tenacious and enthusiastic- I drive for success with an entrepreneurial mind and soul.A vibrant professional with an eagle eye focus on results.Spirit to build and lead highly paced teams & Businesses towards achieving business objectives.I started from a young age o and worked my way through hard work and education to eventually where I am today.

I'm a proud father and friend to my sons and daughter, Who are the balance of my world and everything I do and create. My children are my passion and my drive to succeed for greatness in life and living.


I try to approach every job enthusiastically in a spirit of friendly cooperation, I try my very best to distinguish myself from the vast majority of people whose primary concerns include breaks, benefits, paychecks, and quitting time.

I was really surprised because in all actuality to have an ego is a great thing as long as you keep it in check and not start to believe that the whole world revolves around you. Let us take a closer look:

The Positive Ego

The negative ego is really just a tool gone rogue–like a lawnmower that somehow animates itself and tears apart the flowerbed. (The ex-software-engineer part of me is tempted to go off on some creative tangent about artificial intelligence and sentient appliances…but I’ll spare you.) But if you know how to use it, it can be a really useful ally.


 
So what’s the ego’s intended function, anyway? The Freudian definition of “ego” is simply, according to Wiktionary, “the most central part of the mind, which mediates with one’s surroundings.”

That’s all! The ego is meant to be our window to the world around us–a neutral and extremely useful source of information about what’s happening.

Do not ever make the mistake to allow others opinions define who you are--Luciano The Key Santini

I believe to have a really good understanding of human behavior from a management point of view manager have to make sure they understand who they are as human beings and where they are in their lives and are they happy where they are at that point. What happens when they are not happy then they will push their power on others simply because they are not happy with who they are as people and where they are in their lives. 

 

Only the highway of useful service leads to the city of happiness.

Psychologists who study human behavior have concluded that we are happiest when we are striving to achieve success. It is the act of striving, not the successful completion of the task, that provides the greatest psychic rewards. When you strive to achieve success through service to others, you multiply the benefits to yourself, and you ensure that whatever road you choose in life will ultimately lead you to success and happiness.

 There is no occupation or profession that will not benefit from a concerted effort to better serve others. But the greatest benefit will be to you, in the form of the self-satisfaction that comes from knowing that you made a difference, that without you others would never have received the service you provided. 

I always try to view myself  as a leader who will greatly influence how others perceive me. If you are a confident, cheerful, positive person, your co-workers, friends, and family will be attracted to your personality. (Common Now!!! Is that being egotistic? I think Not)

I would like to say a few words on ethics in the workplace; So what are business ethics?

Business ethics comes into play every day you go to your workplace; As a manager or any kind of leadership role you play you must or every company should not give any person a leadership role unless they have a clear understanding of work ethics especially when it involves situations and decisions where issues of right and wrong are addressed. Where right and wrong are defined as morally right/wrong rather than financial or business strategy”.

I believe that most organizations today have lost their way and respect for human life and individuality and thus become more concerned with their own agendas and structure due to reaching goals and quotas. 

I find it funny that top management are always talking about competencies and yet they have no idea regarding the basic ethical competencies, not just for those at the corporate steering wheel, but for all employees. 

This is the starting point for writing ethical codes of companies and the whole corporate culture develops from these values.
The following key values are regarded as essential in business ethics:
  • Freedom
  • Justice
  • Responsibility
  • Progress
  • Prosperity
  • Sustainability
  • Rationality
  I also found through the hospitality industry experiences that I have had that if you want your company to grow you must be able to understand people. I have had the pleasure to listen to Tom Peters in the past a few times and he has suggested the Seven-Step Path to Sustaining Success. At every step, the only measure is excellence. The first and the leading step for all the rest is taking care of the people.
  • You take care of people
  • The people take care of service
  • The service takes care of the customer
  • The customer takes care of the profit
  • The profit takes care of the investment
  • The investment takes care of the re-investment
  • The re-investment takes care of the future


 





No comments:

Post a Comment