Translate

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Business,Life,Chaos and Individuals


Well here we are on another beautiful Saturday morning and yet heartbroken. These past few days have been really busy. What I mean by busy is really busy inside my head thinking about what to write and what to think and what to search for. We live in a world of Chaos, in a world where we are not 100% safe anywhere anymore. My heart goes out to all those people that died this past week in San Bernardino in such a brutal and senseless way.

 life is such a precious thing to me that I could never imagine anything like that happening close to me and yet it could happen to anyone and anywhere.

We are never prepared for something like this we can say that we are but the reality is we are not. In business it is the same thing. I have spoken and researched business owners regarding the failing businesses and not just in for profit companies but non profit organizations as well.

I have found that while most will prepare a great mission statement and a great vision statement and all it becomes is a plaque on the wall that is totally forgotten soon after it was distributed. I have asked many people to tell me their vision and mission statement and guess what! They can never ever recited for me unless they read it from the plaque. So what does this mean to me, it simply means you are totally disengaged with your company. Let us look at the bigger picture though and the question is why? the disengagement.

Well it is because the mission statement has been created by the top so called leaders and their Human Resource people who to begin with are way disengaged with staff and mid level management. I always find it hilarious when directives come down and are given to staff and mid level managers and their supervisors and expect them to roll out the directives with no direction whatsoever.

The issue is that when you pass on a directive it needs to come with instructions as if it was a bunch of pieces of wood that when stacked together it makes sense and a bench is created. 

Imagine a bunch of wood pieces different shapes thrown at you  with a simple ( Here it is make a perfect box) I am not saying that it cannot be made but it will take time to figure it out and it may not turn out perfect and perhaps it will look like a box but will it be the box the top designers pictured probably not!!! and why;There was never no direction given.

Today's business world most companies are facing leadership and skills gaps. They are loosing so much knowledge about their companies with all the people retiring. If corporations and organizations do not get the ball rolling and preparation of those they feel have the skills to take over all those positions what they will end up with  what I like to call overwhelmed employees and what happens next can and will be disastrous to the organization. What most organizations need to create for their employees is a more communication and diverse environment.

Another issue I see is that most leaders fail to lead people. Let me ask a question when you hire someone do they come to work for you or do they come to work for their own reasons? This is a question that most leaders fail to understand. With this thought in mind we need to realize that everyone is an individual and not everyone learns at the same speed nor do they work at the same speed and yet people are expected to do more with less faster and better. I have to tell you that this mentality needs to stop and leaders need to get a better understanding not of their staff but of the individuals who work for their organization large or small.

When leadership understand these concepts that I have spoken about great things happens because you can identify your leaders and begin to train them and prepare them for promotions they so much deserve because as a leader my job is to teach and prepare the next leader within my organization instead what I see so much of is if someone is smart and has the potential to become a great leader they are shut down by the so called leaders due to their own failures and due to envious minds and thus those great potentials leave the organization to become the leaders they are meant to be and this usually happens with the competition. 

Thank you for reading by posts and as always I love the comments and questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment